Around the Spiral with Edward Lifegem
Cost: Free Reagents: Cat Tail, Deep Mushroom, Mushroom, Acorn, Kelp, Nightshade, Water Lily Bosses: None
Everyday Fish: Treasure Chest, Catfish, Cranky Catfish, Firecuda, Frost Dekoi, Icecuda, Mainstream Dekoi, Owl-Eyed Pike
Seasonal Fish: Basking in the Sun Shark, Be Mine Fish, Black Catfish, Black Eggshellfish, Blue Eggshellfish, Cold Cod, Fall Foliage Fish, Gobblerfish, Mistletoe Angler, Shamrock Fish, Stubby Balance Shark, Stubby Death Shark, Stubby Fire Shark, Stubby Ice Shark, Stubby Life Shark, Stubby Myth Shark, Stubby Storm Shark, Yellow Eggshellfish, Yuletoy Fish
Cost: Free Reagents: Cat Tail, Mushroom, Acorn, Kelp, Nightshade, Water Lily Bosses: Lady Blackhope, Rattlebones
Everyday Fish: Treasure Chest, Bone Fish, Cranky Catfish, Deathacuda, Icecuda, Lifecuda, Mainstream Dekoi, Owl-Eyed Pike, Treantfish
Seasonal Fish: Frakenfish, Gobblerfish, Shamrockfish
Cost: Free Reagents: Cat Tail, Mushroom, Acorn, Mistwood, Frost Flower, Deep Mushroom, Grendleweed, Kelp, Nightshade, Water Lily Bosses: Lady Blackhope, Rattlebones
Everyday Fish: Treasure Chest, Archer Fish, Balancecuda, Errol Fynn, Icecuda, Lifecuda, Mainstream Dekoi, Mechanical Armorhead, Owl-Eyed Pike
Seasonal Fish: Gobblerfish, Ol’Boot
Cost: Free Reagents: Acorn, Mist Wood Bosses: Iron Golem
Everyday Fish: None
Seasonal Fish: None
Free – No Reagents, Fish, or Bosses
Cost: Free Reagents: Deep Mushroom, Mist Wood, Acorn, Nightshade Bosses: None
Everyday Fish: None
Seasonal Fish: None
Cost: Free Reagents: Cat Tail, Deep Mushroom, Mist Wood, Acorn, Kelp, Nightshade, Water Lily Bosses: Foulgaze, Grimsnes Burntblack, Kasai Baku, Roberto
Everyday Fish: Treasure Chest, Garrrfish, Balanceuda, Icecuda, Mainstream Dekoi, Owl-Eyed Pike, Sharkspeare
Seasonal Fish: Gobblerfish
Cost: Free Reagents: Cat Tail, Mushroom, Acorn, Kelp, Nightshade, Water Lily Bosses: Baron Mordecai, Kraken, Sergeant Skullsplitter, The Harvest Lord
Everyday Fish: Treasure Chest, Garrrfish, Mainstream Dekoi, Owl-Eyed Pike, Stormacuda
Seasonal Fish: Gobblerfish, Warhammerhead Shark
Cost: Free Reagents: Mist Wood, Ore, Red Mandrake, Acorn, Blood Moss, Diamond Bosses: Lord Nightshade, Nosferabbit
Everyday Fish: None
Seasonal Fish: None
Cost: 750 Crowns Reagents: Cat Tail, Deep Mushroom, Acorn, Red Mandrake, Kelp, Nightshade, Water Lily, Blood Moss, Nightshade, Water Lily Bosses: Eyus Maximus, General Akilles
Everyday Fish: Treasure Chest, Cuddlefish, Deathacuda, Fish Sandwich, Garrrfish, Mainstream Dekoi, Mechanical Armorhead, Mythacuda, Owl-Eyed Pike
Seasonal Fish: Gobblerfish, Vampire Squid
Cost: Free w Purchase of Cyclops or Firecat Reagents: Deep Mushroom, Ore, Diamond, Nighthshade Bosses: Duncan Grimwater
Everyday Fish: None
Seasonal Fish: None
Cost: 750 Crowns Reagents: Mist Wood, Ore, Red Mandrake, Acorn, Blood Moss, Diamond Bosses: Alicane Swiftarrow, Bastilla Gravewynd, Gretta Darkkettle, Melweena Smite, Wormguts
Everyday Fish: None
Seasonal Fish: None
Side Areas & Dungeons coming soon!
Welcome to Wizard City! Now that you’ve explored Wizard City, I’ve provided an entire list of the storyline quests below. Below, I’ve highlighted each task, boss, and mob fight leading all the way to the final boss of Wizard City. Follow this gameplay guide to make your way through this first part of the game. Since the main questline of this game is non-cheating bosses, all bosses will be highlighted in light blue with the final boss being highlighted in dark orange. View colors of each boss, defeat & collect, mob, dungeon, final boss, and NPC down below!
If you’re a new wizard, you will first meet Merle Ambrose, headmaster of Ravenwood Academy, and Gamma, Headmaster Ambrose’s Pet Owl. Shortly after, you’ll meet the first main boss of the game – Malistaire Drake – the former Professor of the Death School. Malistaire was once good before his wife, former Life School Professor, became ill and sadly passed away. Malistaire is now taking her illness out on Wizard City.
In this tutorial, you will enter a battle circle and learn how to cast spells – attacks, buffs, and heals. Shortly after defeating Malistaire’s dragocian henchmen, you will earn your spellbook and a new wand. You will then meet up with Headmaster Ambrose to begin your very first quest in Wizard City!
1) Unicorn’s Folly (explore + talk – Private Stillson – in The Commons + talk – Private Connelly – in Unicorn Way)
2) Ghost Hunters (defeat – 3 lost souls – + talk – Private Connelly + talk – Ceren Nightchant)
3) Fairies Wear Boots (defeat – 2 Dark Fairies – + talk – Ceren)
4) They’re Not Bad…(talk – Lady Oriel – in Hedge Maze)
5) Finding Out Why (defeat – 3 Dark Fairies + collect fairy dust – + talk – Lady Oriel)
6) Freedom! (open – 4 bone cages – in Unicorn Way + talk – Lady Oriel – earn Pixie Spell)
7) Sinister Skeleton (talk – Ceren)
8) Stop The Maker (defeat – Rattlebones – in Unicorn Way – + talk – Ceren)
9) Rattlebones Report (talk – Headmaster Ambrose – in The Commons)
10) Enrollment (talk – Mr. Lincoln, Registrar of Wizard City – talk – Lydia Greyrose of Ice School – talk – Halston Baelstrom of Storm School – talk – Dalia Falmea of Fire School – talk Moolinda Wu of Life School – talk – Arthur Wethersfield of Balance School – talk – Cyrus Drake of Myth School – talk – Malorn Ashthorn of Death School – talk – Mr. Lincoln)
11) Panic In The Streets (talk – Sergeant Muldoon – in Olde Town)
12) Secret Strife Of Pets (go to Pet near Olde Town Tower + search Tower)
Caretaker’s Tower (talk – Penny Dreadful – + defeat – Old Judd – + talk – Penny – + go to Upper Room in Caretaker’s Tower + collect Kennel Key + return to Penny + talk – Penny – + talk – Pets – + unlock cage + talk – Penny – + talk – Sergeant Muldoon)
13) Trouble on Triton Avenue (talk – Sergeant Muldoon – + go to Triton Avenue + talk – Artur Gryphonbane)
14) Menacing Minions (defeat – 3 Haunted Minions – + talk – Artur)
15) The Shadow of Death magic (talk – Artur – talk – Duncan Grimwater – + defeat – Electric Eel + Collect Suzie’s Wand – + talk – Duncan)
16) Quest For Clues (talk – Duncan – + defeat – Rotting Fodder + Collect 3 Storm Amulets – + talk – Duncan)
17) Catching a Glimpse (talk – Blad Raveneye – in Triton Avenue)
18) Clear As Crystal (defeat – Scarlet Screamer + Collect 3 Primary Coil – + collect 3 Cog – + talk – Blad + fix Mill Wheel + use Lever + talk – Blad)
19) Luminate (talk – Duncan)
20) The Enemy Revealed (go to Galvanost Tower + defeat – The Harvest Lord – + talk – Suzie Gryphonbane + talk – Suzie)
21) To Tame A Tempest (talk to – Halston Baelstrom – in Ravenwood + use Tempest Nexus in Triton Avenue + talk – Suzie + talk – Artur)
22) Triton Report (talk – Artur – + talk – Sergeant Muldoon – in Olde Town)
23) A Giant Problem (talk – Sergeant Muldoon – in Olde Town – + talk – Nolan Stormgate – in Cyclops Lane)
24) The Dark Cave (talk – Nolan – + explore Dark Cave + defeat – Any Undead Mob + Collect Runed Skull – + talk – Nolan)
25) Taken (talk – Nolan – + defeat – Lumbering Troll + Collect Clue – + talk – Nolan)
26) An Important Note (talk – Cyrus Drake – in Ravenwood + talk – Victor Darkwood – in Shopping District + talk – Cyrus – + talk – Merle Ambrose – in The Commons + talk – Nolan – in Cyclops Lane)
27) He’ll Let Us Pass (defeat – Warhorn + Collect Warhorn’s Pass – + talk – Nolan)
28) General Akilles (talk – Romulus – in Cyclops Lane + defeat – General Akilles – in Akilles Tower + rescue kids being held + talk – Nolan)
29) Rescue Report (talk – Merle Ambrose – in The Commons)
30) Putting Out Fires (talk – Private Quinn – in Firecat Alley)
31) Investigate Alley (go to Fireglobe Theatre in Firecat Alley + talk – Private Quinn)
32) Point Taken (defeat – Fire Elf + Collect 4 Arrows – + talk – Private Quinn)
33) Dire News (talk – Gretta Darkkettle – + defeat – Magma Man + Collect Charred Knife – + talk – Gretta – + talk – Private Quinn)
34) Hair Stylin’ (defeat – Bastilla Gravewynd – in Firecat Alley + talk – Gretta – + talk – Private Quinn)
35) Administer Cure (defeat – 6 Fire Elves – + defeat – Alicane Swiftarrow – + talk – Alicane – + talk – Private Quinn – + talk – Private Quinn)
36) Danger, Danger! (talk – Merle Ambrose – in The Commons)
37) A Look Of Horror (find Foulgaze Tower in Olde Town + defeat – Foulgaze – + talk – Merle Ambrose – in The Commons)
38) The Dark Of Nightshade (find Stormdrain Tower in Haunted Cave + defeat – Lord Nightshade – + talk – Merle Ambrose – In The Commons)
39) The Sixth School (explore – Rainbow Bridge Waterfall – in The Commons + explore Nightside + explore Death School + talk – Dworgyn – in Death School + talk – Merle Ambrose – in The Commons)
Once you’ve completed all of these quests, you can go back to complete any missed side quests or move forward with the quest “Krokotopia” to access the second world. Feel free to learn more about Krokotopia by clicking anywhere on the image below. If you want to learn more about Wizard City, click anywhere on the tabs below. I wish you the best of luck on your adventure, young wizard.
Welcome to Wizard City, young wizard. You’ve arrived at the right time because Prospector Zeke, a well-known traveler of the Spiral has arrived and is looking for “The Smiths” right here in Wizard City. Would you mind helping him out? Below is a video guide + written guide to finding all of the Smiths! Each time you help Prospector Zeke on a scavenger hunt, you’ll earn one new training point. Let’s get started!
In Fairgrounds – Between Tree & Purple Tent
Behind Golem Court Tower, Next To Tree
Next To Myth School
Near Lady Oriel’s Place – In Corner (& near Life Symbol)
Behind Jewel Shop
Use Up Teleporter – Behind Colossus Statue
Next To Bazaar (In Corner Between House Facing Bazaar & Wall)
Behind Nolan – And To The Right On Little Island
Run down the main steps and turn to the left (don’t go towards the teleporter)
Near Alicane’s Tower (Right Side)
Now that you’ve found all of the Smiths, Prospector Zeke can return them to their rightful location.
Eudora will give you a quest called “Wizards In The Mist” in which you will be searching Wizard City for a reagent called Mistwood. You can find this in most areas in Wizard City – the best place to look would be grassy areas.
Now that you’ve found Mist Wood, you will need to return to Eudora for your next quest “The Razor’s Edge”. Eudora will give you a Basic Crafting Table. To create these 2 Daggers, you will have to buy a Dagger of Absolution Recipe from Eudora by clicking on her + Recipe Shop.
In the screenshot above, you’ll notice that in order to buy this dagger, you will have to have 64 gold and find 4 different types of reagents. Finding reagents can be easy if you know where to look or even, purchase them if you’re lucky! Below, I’ve provided a list of each reagent, and location to look at + purchase!
Sold By: Elmer Meadowglass, Olde Town – 15 Gold Each, 60 Gold Total For Recipe
8 Black Coal
Sold By: Elmer Meadowglass, Olde Town – 5 Gold Each, 40 Total For Recipe
4 Mist Wood
Found: Grassy Areas, Wizard City Sold By: Elik Silverfist, 175 Gold, 700 Total For Recipe
Found: Watery Areas (Ponds, Rivers) Sold: Elik Silverfist, 175 Gold, 700 Total For Recipe
Once you’ve collected all of the reagents that you need, return to Eudora to buy the recipe. Once you buy your recipe, you will need to go to your Dorm Room / House and place your crafting table (found in the Furniture section of your backpack).
Once you’ve placed your crafting table in your Dorm Room / House, press X, then scroll over to what you need to create. In this case, we created 2 Daggers, so you will need to click on the Athames section. Once you do, you’ll see that you have all of the required reagents to create a Dagger. Click on Create button below!
Shortly after creating your first dagger, you’ll notice a countdown. This is normal. In this case, it was only 30 seconds, but more advanced crafting – such as equipment and spells, especially in later worlds – will require a longer wait period.
After you have created 2 Daggers of Absolution, you may return to Eudora in Olde Town with the good news!
Congratulations! You have received the “Novice Crafter” badge for completing your first crafting quest. Now that you’ve completed this quest, you can test out your crafting skills in Wizard City by buying other recipes from Eudora. You may also craft Novice-Crafting treasure cards by visiting the School Trees. Keep in mind, that you will have to level up in crafting to create better spells & gear. Speaking of which… Onward to Krokotopia!
Once you complete the Wizard City Crafting Quest, Eudora will give you a new crafting quest (must be able to access Krokotopia), “Krok Watcher”. Completing Krokotopia Crafting will give you the “Apprentice Crafter” Badge. If you would like to learn more about Krokotopia Crafting, click anywhere on the image below! Happy Crafting!
Welcome to the Gardening Section! Gardening in Wizard101 can be used to earn reagents, gold, and even pet snacks such as mega snacks. But before we get that far, we must first learn how to garden. At level 12, speak to Moolinda Wu Life School, Ravenwood. She will then send you to Farley, a Gardener, in Golem Court.
Farley will introduce you to Gardening and then send you to talk to Blossom, the Life Tree, in Ravenwood, to retrieve a seedling. View the image below for a great image of what a seed’s information will look like once you receive one in your backpack.
Once you receive a seed, a Dandelion, from Blossom, you can return to Farley to learn more about seeds – how you keep them alive, earn rewards, and more. Below, I’ve included tips on how to plant a seed, the various images of the different stages of a seed’s life, important tips on how to keep the seed alive, and more.
Seeds can be purchased from the Wizard101 Crowns Shop, dropped by bosses, or bought from various vendors from around the spiral. Once you receive a seedling, you can plant it in a Gardening Pot or on the grass in your castle. Once you plant it, you’ll see an extremely cute seed! You won’t notice much at first, but within time, it will start to grow into a Young Plant. Speaking of which…
At this stage of your plant’s life, you won’t need to do anything right away. The best thing to do is to train new gardening spells to prepare yourself for when it matures. You can purchase these spells by speaking to Farley in Golem Court and clicking on the Train tab.
At this stage of your plant’s life, you will need to start helping it grow by using Growing Spells. You’ll also need to protect your plant from pests that will certainly kill your plant if not taken care of. You may also harvest your plants to receive special rewards.
Elder is the final stage of life for a plant. If you have taken care of your plant to this stage, you’ll get a larger reward once you harvest at this stage rather than at the Mature stage. Congratulations on taking care of your plant(s) so well. Each time you harvest your plant at a Mature and/or Elder level, you will level up. But before we talk about that… Let’s talk about what happens when you don’t take care of your plants.
There is only one stage before a plant is dead – nearing death aka Wilting. You may take care of your plant’s needs at this point, but once you do, it’ll go back to being a seedling no matter the stage of life it was at before. If you wait until your plant is dead, it’ll have to be dug up with the gardening spell “Plow” or a much later gardening spell known as “Revive” which will revive it as a seedling.
As I mentioned above, Gardening Spells are a requirement to keep a garden alive. Below, I’ve provided a video playlist of Gardening Spells! Keep in mind that you don’t have to buy all of these spells all at once – just continue planting, and harvesting, and you’ll be able to train these spells in time.
Did you know that world in Wizard101 – Main & Side – has multiple free housing items that you can place in your dorm/home? Well, if you look closely as you quest through each world – you may be able to pick up one of these free housing items.
If you would like to look for these free housing items, always click on the “Free Housing Items” tab as you quest through each world. I’ve already made quite a collection! Anyway, let me show you all of the locations of Wizard City Free Housing Items to get you started on your collection! 😀
Inside School Of Myth – Front Of Class, Right Side
Wizard City Pet Shop – Right Side – Near Cannons
Inside Galvanost Tower – Must Defeat Boss (item located behind boss)
Inside Stormdrain Tower – Must Defeat Boss (item located on the desk behind boss)
Falmea’s House – On (in/under…?? Lol) Round Table